Since we cannot have in person dialogues, we’re temporarily going completely online in order to maintain contact with each other, to meet each other, and to keep talking to each other. We need each other in these times. What are you experiencing and what touches you emotionally? You can talk to people who you already know, and with others who share your city and country, about what you see happening and what you see changing with yourself, and you loved ones near and far. How are you experiencing the Coronavirus crisis and the quickly changing world? What does this mean for the way in which we interact and live with each other? What are your fears and hopes? What are you doing and what do you need for yourself?
In online dialogues, you can have conversations with others, while seeing and hearing them, through your computer or smartphone. Via the internet, you will engage in a dialogue with 4 to 6 people under the guidance of a dialogue facilitator. We share our experiences, hopes, and what we’re going to do according to the Dialogue Methodology.
Upcoming online dialogue:
- Thursday 10 December 19:30-21:30: Reshaping our rights and freedom
Over the past months, we’ve been talking about the following themes:
- Thursday 26 March 19:30-21:30: Me and my body
- Wednesday 1 April: Rules of Conduct
- Tuesday 14 April 19-21:30: Between hope and fear
- Thursday 30 April 19:30-21:30: Freedom
- Saturday May 9th 14:00-16:00: Europe
- Thursday May 28th 19:00-22:00: Celebrate the Differences
- Thursday 25 June 19:30-21:30: Talking about racism?
- Thursday 10 September 19:30-21:30: Eco-friendlier after the crisis
- Wednesday 23 September 19:30-21:30: Peace unites differences
- Thursday 8 October 19:30-21:30: Together after the crisis
- Friday 30 October 10:00-12:00: Opening of the Dialogue Week on belonging
- Monday 2 November 19:30-21:30: Belonging under your skin
- Thursday 5 november 19:30-21:30: Wealth through sharing?
- Thursday 12 November 19:30-21:30: Financial stability after the crisis
There will be more English dialogues soon. Keep an eye on our calendar!
Temporarily completely online
Utrecht in Dialogue is now online until further notice due to the Coronavirus. We are familiarizing volunteers and participants, and training them to work together online and facilitate online dialogues. We are using online Zoom sessions, a tool that we have experience using for our online dialogue on Monetary Concerns in 2019. In March 2020, we have created the first Online Contact Dialogues series with the help of volunteers and partners to have conversations online about the things that concern us around the Coronavirus crisis.
Online workshops and trainings
After the Coronavirus outbreak in March 2020, we started the Online DialogueLab with volunteers. The DialogueHouse has also been moved online. In the online DialogueHouse, dialogue facilitators and aficionados try out online facilitations of dialogues around various themes. The Dialogue Organization workshop and Dialogue Facilitation training will also be offered online and further developed. Do you want to be active in the organization or facilitation of an online dialogue? Do you want to organize a online dialogue for your street/neighborhood/club/class? Check out our training agenda and/or contact us.