- This event has passed.
Meet & Stroll: Wisdom walk
Wed 18 August 2021, 18:00 - 19:00
We can still take a walk in the neighborhood! Time to get out and about, meet new neighbors and discover north-east Utrecht! In this light-hearted dialogue series Meet & Stroll, you will meet different people from the neighborhood and discover new places as we walk together towards a new spring!
In this edition of the dialogue series Meet & Stroll, we invite you to share your wisdom with each other and to walk yourself wiser as many philosophers did. What themes occupy your thoughts when you walk? Was there a moment when you thought you were wise? What wisdom, big or small, did you possess? And what makes this feeling possible? Was it about your own knowledge of books and life experience, that of someone else, a situation, circumstances, a combination of factors? Was that wisdom created by sharing knowledge and insights from different perspectives? When it comes to wisdom, what do you wish for, for yourself, others, your community and the world? What can you do to bring that closer?
Routes to choose from
A. Vogelenbuurt & Wittevrouwen city route (4 – 5.5km), start at Paardekathedral Veeartsenijstraat
B. North-east route (7.8 km), start at Jan van Lingtuin Lauwerecht
C. Wittervrouwen-Domplein route (6.9 km), start at Voorveldse Polder (Vlonders)
D. Tuindorp Tuinwijk street art route (5.4 km), start at Draaiweg (Beeld Troelstra)
- Get to know one another: who are you, what themes occupy your thoughts when you walk?
- Share experiences: Was there a moment when you thought you were wise? What wisdom, big or small, did you possess? And what made this feeling possible?
- Dream together: When it comes to wisdom, what do you wish for, for yourself, others, your community and the world?
- Do: What can you do to bring that ideal closer?
- Evaluate: What will you take away from this conversation?
How does it work?
- In a first relaxing online meeting, we will get to know each other, get to know “Meet and Stroll”, and get familiar with the theme of the first stroll. The meeting will take place online via Zoom on the third Wednesday of the month from 6 – 7 pm. Feel free to bring your dinner to the online meeting! Think of a question you would like to get asked by the way of a first introduction. And what would you like to know about the other person?
- You agree to go for an in-person walk in the neighborhood with a neighbor. This stroll will take place on the following Saturday at 10:30 am. You will receive a suggestion in advance for a meeting point, route, and a guide with questions about the theme of this Meet and Stroll. The guidelines are based on the principles of appreciative inquiry.
- In the next relaxed online meeting, we will harvest what the Meet & Stroll has brought to everyone, meet new participants, and introduce the theme of the next Meet & Stroll. Do you have any special requests? Suggestions for places or routes? Send us an email at email@example.com.
Do you have any special requests? Suggestions for places of routes? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The online meetings take place on the third Tuesday of the month from 4 pm to 5 pm at the latest. The strolls in person in pairs are on the Saturday the following week from 10:30 am to 12 noon at the latest. You will receive a suggestion in advance for a meeting point, route, and guide with questions centered around the theme.
- 19 May – Freedom and happiness
- 16 June – Pushing boundaries
- 21 July – Real friends
- 18 August – Wisdom walk
- 15 September – New in town
- 20 oktober, Green energy
- 17 November, Worthwhile
- 15 december, Light
Want to get involved?
Meet & Stroll is an initiative of Wijkwijzer NoordOost and Utrecht in Dialoog. Do you want to participate in this project? Prepare meetings, themes and/or walking routes? Send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.