- This event has passed.
Meet & Stroll: Pushing boundaries
Wed 16 June 2021, 18:00 - 19:00
In this light-hearted dialogue series, Meet & Stroll, you meet different people, discover new places and walk together into the spring. Everyone is welcome. The introduction and preparation via Zoom will take place on 16th June. Feel free to bring your dinner to the online meeting! You plan the walk itself with your hiking buddy at a time that suits both of you. Sign up via the red button and invite old, new and young neighbors to join! In the form you can indicate approximately how long you would like to walk and any other requests.
In the sixth edition of the dialogue series Meet & Stroll, we head into the summer, with a conversation about pushing your boundaries on holiday – psychological, social, cultural, digital or physical. How do you push boundaries on holiday? Do you want to escape, relax, get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life? Do you want to get to know other cultures, meet new people, learn to speak other languages, have new experiences or something completely different? How do you do that? What makes a good holiday for you and does it always involve crossing boundaries? In a time when crossing borders has become difficult, how do you recreate that same feeling of escape? What do you hope to do in the future? When travel becomes possible again, will you want to do the same things? What would you like to be different about pushing boundaries and can you do to bring this closer? The introduction and preparation via Zoom takes place on 16th June. After that, you can plan a walk at a time that suits you and your partner.
Routes to choose from
A. Vogelenbuurt & Wittevrouwen city route (4 – 5.5km), start at Paardekathedral Veeartsenijstraat
B. North-east route (7.8 km), start at Jan van Lingtuin Lauwerecht
C. Wittervrouwen-Domplein route (6.9 km), start at Voorveldse Polder (Vlonders)
D. Tuindorp Tuinwijk street art route (5.4 km), start at Draaiweg (Beeld Troelstra)
- Get to know one another: Who are you? What do you think about when it comes to pushing boundaries on holiday?
- Share experiences: Share a beautiful experience of pushing boundaries in vacation time. What made that experience groundbreaking?
- Dream together: What boundaries would you like to push? What will your vacation time look like in the future?
- Do: What can you do to bring this dream closer? What is the first step you can take?
- Evaluate: What will you take away from this conversation?
How does it work?
- In a first relaxing online meeting, we will get to know each other, get to know “Meet and Stroll”, and get familiar with the theme of the first stroll. The meeting will take place online via Zoom on the third Wednesday of the month from 6 – 7 pm. Think of a question you would like to get asked by the way of a first introduction. And what would you like to know about the other person?
- You agree to go for an in-person walk in the neighborhood with a neighbor. This stroll will take place on the following Saturday at 10:30 am. You will receive a suggestion in advance for a meeting point, route, and a guide with questions about the theme of this Meet and Stroll. The guidelines are based on the principles of appreciative inquiry.
- In the next relaxed online meeting, we will harvest what the Meet & Stroll has brought to everyone, meet new participants, and introduce the theme of the next Meet & Stroll. Do you have any special requests? Suggestions for places or routes? Send us an email at email@example.com.
Do you have any special requests? Suggestions for places of routes? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The online meetings take place on the third Tuesday of the month from 4 pm to 5 pm at the latest. The strolls in person in pairs are on the Saturday the following week from 10:30 am to 12 noon at the latest. You will receive a suggestion in advance for a meeting point, route, and guide with questions centered around the theme.
- 19 May – Freedom and happiness
- 16 June – Pushing boundaries
- 21 July – Real friends
- 18 August – Wisdom walk
- 15 September – New in town
- 20 oktober, Green energy
- 17 November, Worthwhile
- 15 december, Light
Want to get involved?
Meet & Stroll is an initiative of Wijkwijzer NoordOost and Utrecht in Dialoog. Do you want to participate in this project? Prepare meetings, themes and/or walking routes? Send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.