- This event has passed.
Meet & Stroll: Spring fever
Wed 21 April 2021, 17:00 - 18:00
We can still take a walk in the neighborhood! Time to get out and about, meet new neighbors and discover north-east Utrecht! In this light-hearted dialogue series Meet & Stroll, you will meet different people from the neighborhood and discover new places as we walk together towards a new spring!
In this fourth Meet & Stroll dialogue we talk to each other about spring fever and to celebrate Earth Day. Do you experience a particular mood in the spring, the season of new life? Do you notice this mood around you, in people and animals, in nature, through senses? What does spring fever bring? A big tidy-up at home? Time spent outside? What do you dream of and what do you do with your spring fever? The introduction and preparation via Zoom takes place on April 21, Earth Day. You plan a walk at a time that suits you and your partner.
Routes to choose from
A. Vogelenbuurt & Wittevrouwen city route (4 – 5.5km), start at Paardekathedral Veeartsenijstraat
B. North-east route (7.8 km), start at Jan van Lingtuin Lauwerecht
C. Wittervrouwen-Domplein route (6.9 km), start at Voorveldse Polder (Vlonders)
D. Tuindorp Tuinwijk street art route (5.4 km), start at Draaiweg (Beeld Troelstra)
- Get to know one another: Who are you? What makes choices worthwhile for you? How do you make choices and what is important for you when you do?
- Share experiences: Tell your partner about a time when you had to make a choice that was really worthwhile. What made this choice possible, worthwhile and what was the outcome?
- Dream together: What choice would you most like to make? What would be different if you could make this choice?
- Do: What can you do to bring this dream closer? What is the first step you can take?
- Evaluate: What will you take away from this conversation?
How does it work?
- In a first relaxing online meeting, we will get to know each other, get to know “Meet and Stroll”, and get familiar with the theme of the first stroll. The meeting will take place online via Zoom on the third Wednesday of the month from 4 – 5 pm. Think of a question you would like to get asked by the way of a first introduction. And what would you like to know about the other person?
- You agree to go for an in-person walk in the neighborhood with a neighbor. This stroll will take place on the following Saturday at 10:30 am. You will receive a suggestion in advance for a meeting point, route, and a guide with questions about the theme of this Meet and Stroll. The guidelines are based on the principles of appreciative inquiry.
- In the next relaxed online meeting, we will harvest what the Meet & Stroll has brought to everyone, meet new participants, and introduce the theme of the next Meet & Stroll. Do you have any special requests? Suggestions for places or routes? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have any special requests? Suggestions for places of routes? Please email email@example.com.
The online meetings take place on the third Tuesday of the month from 4 pm to 5 pm at the latest. The strolls in person in pairs are on the Saturday the following week from 10:30 am to 12 noon at the latest. You will receive a suggestion in advance for a meeting point, route, and guide with questions centered around the theme.
- 20 January (online meeting) and stroll (by appointment)
- 17 February (online meeting) and stroll (by appointment)
- 17 March (online meeting) and stroll (by appointment)
- 21 April (online meeting) and stroll (by appointment)
Want to get involved?
Meet & Stroll is an initiative of Wijkwijzer NoordOost and Utrecht in Dialoog. Do you want to participate in this project? Prepare meetings, themes and/or walking routes? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.