Meet & Stroll: Worthwhile
Wed 17 November 2021, 18:00 - 19:00
We can still take a walk in the neighborhood! Time to get out and about, meet new neighbors and discover north-east Utrecht! In this light-hearted dialogue series Meet & Stroll, you will meet different people from the neighborhood and discover new places as we walk together in pairs!
In this edition of the dialogue series Ontmoet & Wandel we talk about the theme “worthwhile“. What is really worthwhile to you in this day and age? Where do you want to commit yourself and what is the effort that this requires? What makes something worthwhile for you? How do you want to give form, content and meaning to what is really worthwhile for yourself, others, the community, city, neighborhood and society as a whole?
How does it work?
- In a first relaxing online meeting, we will get to know each other, get to know “Meet and Stroll”, and get familiar with the theme of the first stroll. The meeting will take place online via Zoom on the third Wednesday of the month from 4 – 5 pm. Think of a question you would like to get asked by the way of a first introduction. And what would you like to know about the other person?
- You agree to go for an in-person walk in the neighborhood with a neighbor. This stroll will take place on the following Saturday at 10:30 am. You will receive a suggestion in advance for a meeting point, route, and a guide with questions about the theme of this Meet and Stroll. The guidelines are based on the principles of appreciative inquiry.
- In the next relaxed online meeting, we will harvest what the Meet & Stroll has brought to everyone, meet new participants, and introduce the theme of the next Meet & Stroll. Do you have any special requests? Suggestions for places or routes? Send us an email at email@example.com.
Do you have any special requests? Suggestions for places of routes? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Routes to choose from
A. Vogelenbuurt & Wittevrouwen city route (4 – 5.5km), start at Paardekathedral Veeartsenijstraat
B. North-east route (7.8 km), start at Jan van Lingtuin Lauwerecht
C. Wittervrouwen-Domplein route (6.9 km), start at Voorveldse Polder (Vlonders)
D. Tuindorp Tuinwijk street art route (5.4 km), start at Draaiweg (Beeld Troelstra)
- Get to know one another: Who are you? What makes something worthwhile for you?
- Share experiences: Share an experience that was really worthwhile to you. What made it worthwhile?
- Dream together: What would you like to be worthwhile in the future?
- Do: What could you do to bring that future closer?
- Evaluate: What will you take away from this conversation?
- 19 May – Freedom and happiness
- 16 June – Pushing boundaries
- 21 July – Real friends
- 18 August – Wisdom walk
- 15 September – New in town
- 20 oktober, Green energy
- 17 November, Worthwhile
- 15 december, Light
Want to get involved?
Meet & Stroll is an initiative of Wijkwijzer NoordOost, Utrecht in Dialoog and EnergieU. Do you want to participate in this project? Prepare meetings, themes and/or walking routes? Send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.