- Dit event is voorbij.
Online Sandbox Session
di 10 september 2019, 08:30 - 09:30
One event on di 10 september 2019 at 08:30
Utrecht in Dialoog (UiD) is going to investigate how we can use online dialogue as a complement to the regular live dialogues in various places in the city. You can participate in an online dialogue while sitting at your computer at home or with your smartphone with earphones and a microphone. Volunteers and actively involved persons in Utrecht in Dialogue are cordially invited to participate in the first Online Sandbox Sessions. There are also English-language sessions. Volunteers and actively involved in Utrecht in Dialogue are cordially invited to participate in the first Online Sandbox Sessions. Then we would like to hear your experiences via an online survey.
What is an “Online Sandbox Session?”
After you registered you will receive the login link with information by email to participate in the Online Sandbox Session. Francisca will be present in the online room and there may be other participants. There is no necessary previous knowledge. You can discover how everything works, talk to other participants, ask your questions and Francisca can give assignments. The intention is that you become familiar with the software and discover the possibilities. When you log in, you get the plugin on your computer that connects to the Zoom software. The installation is safe. View the video to see how the login works.
What do you need to participate?
How do you prepare for a sandbox session?
- You can use a Windows or Apple computer.
- Make sure you are in a quiet room, preferably alone.
- Make sure you have a good internet connection, otherwise you get a bad picture or the voices of others will stutter. If necessary, view how you can improve your bandwidth >>>
- Log in to Zoom. View how this works in the video above and if necessary contact the Zoom Help Center >>>
- You can also log in with a smartphone. If that is the case you have to download the ZOOM app. See Zoom Help Center >>>
- You will need the information in the email invitation for the Online Sandbox Session. You will receive this once you register below.
- We recommend you use a headset with a microphone or “earphones” with a microphone. That is not mandatory but can make your experience better with the online dialogues. In that way you will not have problems because of poor sound, and other participants will be able to listen to you properly.
- Are you unable to participate in the Online Sandbox Session? Then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your telephone number and your problem. Francisca will contact you.
- Once you log in, you can leave the session after ten minutes. You don’t have to stay for an hour.
- Feel free to participate multiple times.
We would love to hear your opinion!
After the online sandbox session, we’d like to hear from you. Do you think Utrecht in Dialogue dialogues can also be conducted online? Do you think we can discuss money worries online? Do you see more uses for online dialogues? Are you interested in becoming an online dialogue facilitator? Please complete the survey here. Have a question? Email us at email@example.com